Monday, June 9, 2008

Our First Weekend!!!!

Late Friday afternoon, we made impromptu plans with our friends Herb and Cara. What a great way to spend our first weekend in Seattle! Unpacking unschmaking - spending time with friends is definitely what we were craving!! So we scrambled to get our house as guest-ready as possible (i.e. short-sheeting their bed)


and met them Friday evening around 630pish. Had a great time that night catching up on life, love, etc. Afterward, we walked back to our place and spent some time up on our roof deck. Lucky for Seattle that we had Herb and Craig to hold up the Space Needle...:-)


Saturday we spent most of the day walking around Seattle - I'm really starting to enjoy this city - so beautiful here! Sadly, we discovered there are scattered blocks here and there that aren't the safest to walk alone, so I shall keep that in mind when exploring solo. Honestly, I was shocked to see the blatant drug use in the middle of the day, and it stayed with me all weekend. I also had the feeling that this might be just the place God needs for us to be for the next couple of years. In what capacity, I don't know...but I'll be praying to have an open heart for where that might be. So after our walk, we had thai (again!) for dinner, then a low-key evening of a movie (3:10 to Yuma), junior mints, Mike & Ike, popcorn, and wine! YUM!!! And- great movie! :-)


Sunday, we found ourselves back at Pesos for breakfast. Along our walk there, I had an unfortunate phone call from one of my credit card companies - someone out there was using my card to make itunes purchases...ergh. New card on its way, and I'm most certain this squirrellie will be caught - seems like this wasn't a professional...! I just wonder how...and when...someone got my card's number....I shred everything.....sad. But glad it was caught early!!! :-)


Cara and I went to a spa after breakfast...and believe me, she most likely needed that massage after being in the car with me! She was kind enough to actually be my partner in crime on my first excursion in Seattle without Craig. Should I say? Yes. I will. I managed to get lost WITH Trudy (our pet GPS) AND the spa was only 2 miles away. But guess what? I know my way around a bit better now! lol!!! :-) Oh- and something we discovered after trying to find a place that could handle 2 massage appointments at once - Seattle is NOT a spa town! So - Cara had a massage, and I had a manicure. Another odditty....manicure/pedicures are not something the peeps here get into, unless it's summer. Not me. I'm not going to let my toes and nails go to the wayside just b/c there's not sunshine every day. the end.


Before taking the Harji back to the Seaport, we went to Pike Place Market - FUN!!!! Here's a few pictures of our time there:


The newlyweds...

- My first bouquet of Seattle flowers..sweet... :-)

2 comments:

cara harjes said...

ooooh! fun recap!
we love you guys!
it was so fun to be with you.
thanks for taking us in on such short notice . . . even if it did mean a short-sheeted bed as a trade off.

Renee said...

It was so great having you!!! We miss you!!